Expertise and Practice
As an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer, Mark runs his own law practice in Adelaide and focuses primarily on commercial transactions and private equity.
Mark obtained his Double Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Commerce from the University of Adelaide in 2015, with a major in accounting and honours in law. He then completed his post-graduate study with his alma mater in the same year and since then has worked in private practice in both South Australia and Queensland.
Prior to starting his firm, Mark worked exclusively in corporate and commercial practice, developing a skill base in commercial negotiation, contract preparation and commercial litigation. Mark also developed courtroom experience during this time, appearing in various civil and commercial court matters in the state courts both here in SA and in Queensland. Since starting his own practice, Mark has continued to build on this experience and enjoys providing his clients with legal and commercial guidance in their day to day matters.
Mark’s experience includes:
- Joshan v Pizza Pan Group Pty Ltd
- Representing a franchisee in a consumer law dispute against sub-franchisor Pizza Pan Group Pty Ltd (Pizza Hut Australia) and its head franchisor. The case involved a number of allegations against the sub-franchisor for breaches of the franchising code of conduct and Australian consumer law. The case also involved an appeal to the NSW Court of Appeal on issues of private international law and franchising. The appeal was successful and is now a significant authority on several aspects of law, including areas affecting stay applications under the Service and Execution of Process Act 1992 (Cth) and non-exclusive jurisdiction clauses in contracts.
Mark commenced practice in 2015 and since then has worked in corporate advisory and commercial litigation in South Australia and Queensland.
Mark commenced his own practice in 2019 and now manages a team of seven.
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours, University of Adelaide (2014)
- Graduate diploma of legal practice, University of Adelaide (2015)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), University of Adelaide 2013
- Executive Certificate in Turnaround Practice, Association for Business Restructuring and Turnaround (2020)
- Supreme Court of South Australia (2015)
Board positions held
- Association for Business Restructuring and Turnaround, Board Member
- Business House Australia, Committee Member